Yesterday afternoon we held our annual Christmas Bake Exchange.
This is the seventh year for this annual event (which only took a short hiatus last year because I had to travel for work). It is such an amazing collaboration among friends.
If you are not familiar with how bake exchanges work… here is the abbreviated version.
- Invite one dozen talented baker friends to participate in the exchange.
- Bake 12 dozen of your favourite Christmas cookies.
- Package festively into one dozen allotments.
- Someone from the group hosts an afternoon meet up.
- Everyone exchanges their cookies and you get one dozen each of everyone else’s fabulous baking.
- All your Christmas baking is done!
A few people weren’t able to make it so they made arrangements to drop off their goodies earlier and have picked up or will pick up their cookies this week.
I’m so excited by all the awesome cookies. Some new cookies and bars I’ve never made before (heath bars), some familiar ones that I never get around to making (shortbread).
I made my go-to Brandied Eggnog Cookies again. It’s a tried-and-true recipe.
It is a sandwich cookie so I do technically have to make twice as many cookies (read: I baked 24 dozen+ sugar cookies).
But they are a delicious cookie! The buttercream really makes it all come together (did I mention brandy??).
Have you ever participated in a bake exchange?
What is your favourite Christmas cookie (either to bake or to enjoy)?