I’m seeing a lot of posts from fellow bloggers about fabric sales that are sadly happening south of the border. I’m all aware that we are not to limited by boundaries these days but I get really, really disappointed when I spend time on a site, put items in my virtual cart, proceed to check-out and find out shipping costs are higher than the actual items I want to order.
Maybe you don’t know this about me but… I’m Canadian!
And I don’t understand why it can cost less for me to send something south than it does to come north.
Economies of scale work that for $2.95 flat rate shipping in the US all the sudden ballon to $20.95 per yard to cross the 49th parallel.
So I wanted to share with you some clearly Canadian sites today. I’m not sure if they are having sales or anything like that but they are our local shops and deserve a little love!
And this isn’t to discount the local stores that are so close I can actually step inside of them. I have a few here in my fine city that I love to peruse when I want to physically go and touch fabrics for a few free hours – I’m not the only one that does that, am I?? These include:
But these online shops I’m talking about… they bring you fabrics TO. YOUR. DOOR.
If you’re not on the list, or if you’re favourite store isn’t here – LET ME KNOW! Because a) I’d love to have a new Canadian online shop to check-out, and b) let’s celebrate all things Canadian!
Online Canadian Fabric Stores
- Tonic Living – I just placed my first order from here, due to arrive next week. Can’t hardly wait!
- NEW!!! the Fabric Spot – $5.99 flat rate shipping in Canada, free shipping on orders over $100
- Flare Fabrics – Free Canadian shipping over $25
- Fabric2Quilt – A lovely Etsy store that’s offering a discount till July 1, 2013 if you use the code: WCFS10 (guess who’s going shopping… ME!)
- Cottage Rose Quilt Shop – More Etsy
- Nuts for Bolts – Anyone looking for a little Amy Butler? <— here!
- Kloth Shop – another lovely Etsy store!
These are just a few to start! Where do you turn to for online fabric shopping?
Now lets get out there and buy some fabric!