Fellow sewers… I have a question for you.
Actually, I have several questions for you.
- When and how did you acquire your first sewing machine?
- Do you still have it?
- If you’ve done an ‘upgrade’ since then, what influenced your decision for your current sewing machine?
You see, here’s the thing…
I’m on a journey. A journey to buy a new sewing machine.
I’ve even been doing a little research.
(Read: My brain has gone a little numb.)
It is time for me to invest in a new machine. As I’ve mentioned before, my current machine and I are experiencing some tension.
Tension issues, that is… it’s been frustrating and no amount of counselling will pull us though. It is time. I’m sorry. It’s not you, it’s me.. (okay, it’s also a bit of you but I’ll take the flack for this one).
I know there are some questions I need to ask myself.
- What type of sewing will I be using it mostly for?
- What other types of sewing might I consider doing in the future? (I don’t want to out-grow any new relationship I enter in to.)
- What features are important to me? Do I need a one-step button holer (ummm, yup!), what about an automatic threader? cutter? Yes and yes! Haha – I want it all!! How many features will I *really* use? What features do I need that I don’t even know about yet?
- Is portability a requirement?
- And… I mean we need to discuss it at some point… the money question. How much am I wanting to invest?
Over the next little while I’m going to be spending considerable time on this. It’s part of who I am (hello A-type personality). I want to head into the stores. Ask the questions. Do comparisons. Can I make a spreadsheet? Please???
Have you been here? Have you done this? Do you need to??
If you’ve done this or want to/need to, I’d love to hear from you. Let me know your questions! I’ll even do the ground-work for you.
Let the games begin!!